Experts in the theory and practice of persuasion and advocacy, Tsongas' consultants have the persuasive tools to assist you:
- Focus on the case from your audience’s perspective
- Construct an organized outline, focusing on placement of key evidence and witness statements, as it builds to a motivating conclusion
- Craft vivid language and themes that will increase audience retention of your key facts
- Build rapport with your audience through utilizing credibility-building non-verbal behaviors
- Utilize effective storytelling techniques designed to increase your audience’s attention, comprehension, and retention
- Learn how to effectively inoculate your audience against the opposition’s attempts at persuasion
Opening & Closing work can be completed during case strategy sessions, or separate sessions can be scheduled to work on the details of a specific presentation. The process generally includes developing and refining trial visuals. Video is frequently used to help develop more effective presentation techniques. A skilled communication specialist first reviews a videotaped or live opening statement and/or closing argument. Following recommendations for adjustments, the presentation is videotaped and reviewed again, highlighting areas which may require additional modification. Consultation on presentations should be timed to allow modification of the argument prior to the actual presentation. This may include changes in content, format, presentation style, or demonstrative aids and visuals. Courtroom consultation sessions range between two and sixteen hours in length.
The role of counsel
At a minimum, counsel should be prepared to deliver a preliminary version of the opening statement or closing argument. It is important to have those preliminary drafts, visuals, or exhibits available which will be used in the actual presentation, as well as any equipment necessary to display the exhibits.
See More Testimonials »
THE TSONGAS TEAM
Our litigation consultants have advanced education in communication and the social sciences, and our graphics consultants have extensive experience in visual advocacy and strategy. Tsongas was a founding member of the American Society of Trial Consultants (ASTC) in 1982. Tsongas consultants are experienced in virtually every type of civil and criminal litigation. Our expert team has provided a competitive advantage for counsel representing plaintiffs and defendants nationwide and internationally.